NHS: Doddington’s wide attraction
DODDINGTON Community Hospital continues to provide excellent services to local people living in March, Chatteris and surrounding villages. It is also attracting more patients from further a field. The Primary Care Trust runs outpatient clinics at Doddingt
DODDINGTON Community Hospital continues to provide excellent services to local people living in March, Chatteris and surrounding villages. It is also attracting more patients from further a field.
The Primary Care Trust runs outpatient clinics at Doddington with visiting consultants from Peterborough and Hinchingbrooke Hospitals covering most medical and surgical specialties.
Doddington offers a local friendly service, and the waiting times are often shorter than those at district general hospitals.
As shown in the following list, there has been an increase in the number of East Cambs and Fenland patients seen at Doddington in 2005 compared with the same period in 2004, and an increase in the number of patients from other areas:
You may also want to watch:
East Cambs and Fenland patients 2004, 4,795; 2005 4,981
All patients 2004, 4,950; 2005 5454.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
From January 2006 patients have a choice of at least four hospitals for outpatient consultations and treatment (for more information on choice see separate article). New technology has been installed at Doddington to run 'Choose and Book'.
Instead of waiting for weeks for an appointment letter, you can now book a convenient date and time for new outpatient appointments on the same day your GP refers you.
This is currently done by telephone, but soon it will be possible for your GP practice to book 'on-line'