Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- Credit: IAN BURT
The NHS is encouraging young people to book their Covid-19 jabs as there is a "plentiful supply" of vaccines available across Cambridgeshire.
Dr David Vickers is medical director of Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, which runs the large-scale vaccination centres across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
He said: “We currently have plentiful supply of the Astra Zeneca vaccine for people who need their second dose, as well as Pfizer vaccines for people booking their first dose.
He added that vaccines are "extremely safe and effective; I’d encourage anyone who has been invited to book their first or second dose to do so, and join the millions of people who have already had theirs.
“Levels of infection in young people are rising nationally and we know that Covid can have long term implications, so it’s really important young people do book their first jabs as soon as they are invited."
You may also want to watch:
Anyone aged 23 and over can book their vaccination appointment via nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or by calling 119.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4