News on Liam
Due to recent and inaccurate reports about Liam Fairhurst s condition, the family have asked CLIC Sargent to contact the local press to let you know of his progress. Treatment for childhood cancer is a long and traumatic journey and Liam s has been no dif
Due to recent and inaccurate reports about Liam Fairhurst's condition, the family have asked CLIC Sargent to contact the local press to let you know of his progress.
Treatment for childhood cancer is a long and traumatic journey and Liam's has been no different.
Since his relapse in February, Liam has been back on treatment. His treatment plan was reviewed recently, and some aspects of his care have changed. This, however, is normal for someone being treated for childhood cancer and helps ensure they continue to receive the most effective care. In spite of the difficulties Liam has faced, he has shown tremendous character and determination particularly by continuing his amazing fundraising appeal which has focused on helping others who are in similar situations. Liam's appeal, which passed the £100,000 mark last month, is now standing at more than £106,000.
Although Liam himself is now taking a break from fundraising, many people are continuing to raise money and contribute to his appeal. He is very grateful to all those who have been so generous of their time, commitment and money.
You may also want to watch:
The Fairhurst family are very keen for the local press to continue covering the great local stories about local people's commitment and support of Liam. But specific details of Liam's treatment are a private matter and they wish them to remain so.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 10 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months