Newmarket Racecourse’s Moët and Chandon July Festival helps raise over £9,000 for EACH
- Credit: Archant
Local racing fans have helped raise over £9,000 for the East Anglian Children’s Hospices (EACH).
Race-goers who attended Newmarket Racecourse’s Moët and Chandon July Festival helped raise £9,404 - the biggest amount raised in their three-year partnership.
The total was raised thanks to a number of raffles, as well as through the course’s booking system. All race-goers were given the option to donate £2 when booking tickets.
Amy Starkey, regional director of Jockey Club Racecourses: said: “We’re proud to be able to support this fantastic charity for the third year running and we’re looking forward to continuing our relationship with the team at EACH for years to come.”
Vicky Matthews, corporate fundraiser for Suffolk, said: “This is fantastic news and we would like to thank Newmarket Racecourses and The Jockey Club, for their continued and generous support. We really value this partnership.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.each.org.uk.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire