New village charity receives valuable donation from private home developer
- Credit: Archant
One of the UK’s largest private property developers has pledged its support to a new charity near Ely.
Annington have donated £500 to help purchase a data projector and screen for the newly-formed Little Thetford Friendship Club, which launched in April.
The donation was presented to the charity at a special session last month, which offers regular support for members of the community aged 60 and over in a bid to combat loneliness amongst village residents.
Jackie Lamb, member of the Little Thetford Friendship club which is backed by Age UK, said: "The donation of the data screen and project increases the range of events we can put on for our members.
"The trustees would like to thank Annington for their donation; their support of our new initiative has been immense!"
You may also want to watch:
Louise Saunders, sales and marketing manager at Annington, said: "Community is at the heart of what we do, which is why we are proud to be able to support the launch and help them get off to a good start by enabling them to purchase much-needed equipment."
Annington owns over 40,000 homes across England and Wales and are currently working on the Cawdle Meadows development in Little Thetford.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
The Little Thetford Friendship Club meets every second Monday from 10.30am-1pm in the Little Thetford Village Hall.