New winner of Best Dressed Window is crowned
- Credit: Archant
Cherry Hill Chocolates of Ely has been crowned winner of this year’s Best Dressed Window award.
Reporter Dan Mansfield presented proprietor Angie Dryden with the Ely Standard shield at her shop, in High Street, on Thursday.
Angie said it was the perfect end to 2014 after she scooped the Retailer of the Year award at the East Cambridgeshire Business Awards, held in October.
She said: “It has been an amazing year and such a surprise, too. It’s something I have wanted to win for 10 years and I’m so pleased that we were able to do it.”
The window featured an array of snowmen, lights, Christmas trees and snow and even featured real chocolate Father Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
Sales assistant Marie Phillips was the brains behind this year’s entry, spending almost two days putting the creation together.
She said: “I wanted to do something that children would enjoy looking at and I’m very pleased with how it turned out.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
Last year’s winner was Milan’s Barber Shop, of St Mary’s Street.