New visitor guide set to promote tourism in Ely
- Credit: Archant
A new visitor guide showcasing “the gems of Ely” has been created by the Visit Ely Team.
The A5 guide is set to be distributed across the UK through Visit England’s tourist information centres including the one in Ely.
It provides details of places to visit and stay, restaurants, bars and cafes in the area as well as a what’s on guide.
The magazine-style brochure will also be available at pick-up points including motorway stations, supermarkets, shopping complexes and Little Chef’s throughout the Eastern region.
Councillor Richard Hobbs, chairman of the commercial services committee, said: “This new style publication highlights the very best of Ely and East Cambridgeshire and the guide, along with the website, will play a vital role in promoting our many tourism-related businesses to the rest of the country.
You may also want to watch:
“It will ensure the area remains a key tourist destination for people who live in - or visit - the UK.
“It will also be a useful resource for people who live here and want to find out more about events and destinations worth exploring.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
As part of Visit Ely’s collaboration with the City Centre Forum, 5,000 copies of the guide will be distributed locally within a 20-mile radius.
Councillor Hobbs added: “The guide features everything that makes our area special and worth visiting.”
For more information visit www.visitely.org.uk