New toddler room at King’s Ely
- Credit: Archant
The nursery at King’s Ely Acremont is launching the new school year with a new toddler room.
Due to the success of the Little Ones, which provides childcare to children aged one to two, the independent school has expanded its provision for this age group to take 15 children.
The Little Ones has the whole of the top floor of the nursery, which includes a nurturing room for the youngest children, the newly refurbished room for toddlers who are confidently walking and a creative room for messy play.
This is staffed by five qualified members of staff.
Anna Ballanger, head of early years foundation stage, said: “The children also make full use of the extensive outdoor area, which includes the school field as well as their own fully-equipped toddler playground.
You may also want to watch:
“A specialist baby yoga teacher and music teacher provide weekly sessions, and the children take part in garden days, cookery sessions and whole school occasions such as dressing up for pirate day.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000