New team promises action at Paradise Pool in Ely
A NEW company is taking over the Paradise Pool in Ely with the aim of getting more people in the district to swim.
Sports and Leisure Management (SLM) Ltd, operating under its brand name, Everyone Active, will take charge of the Paradise Pool in Ely from July 23 in partnership with East Cambridgeshire District Council.
Over the summer, Everyone Active will be freshening up the pool and have planned new activities, sessions and promotions.
As part of the successful bid for the pool contract, Everyone Active will also be working with local communities to help people achieve 30 minutes of activity five times a week.
To achieve this, the company will be working with the District Council to develop a number of activities: including an award winning swimming lesson programme, fun swimming sessions with inflatables and results cards to use for fitness swimming.
Cllr Richard Hobbs, chairman of Community and Environment Committee, said: “We are all genuinely excited about what the new managers will bring to the Paradise Pool which has helped so many to learn to swim and take exercise over the years. While a new leisure centre remains the aim of the District Council – we believe it is vitally important to keep our existing facilities running. I think it was a wiser man than me who once wrote ‘It is in games that many men discover their paradise’ – well I like to think Everyone Active will be helping to get us all fit and healthy in the years to come.”
Paul Dowling, regional director for SLM, said: “We are delighted to be starting our Everyone Active partnership with East Cambridgeshire District Council. Everyone Active already operates six sites in Cambridgeshire including Parkside Pools, Abbey Pools and Jesus Green Lido so we have a great deal of experience in bringing water based activities that local people want to take part in. This is an exciting time for us all.”
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
In addition to the tools that are available at the centre, Everyone Active also offers a very comprehensive website (www.everyoneactive.com) to enable people to book and pay online for sessions, see up to date timetables and also to view forthcoming events at the centre.