New team at the top for the Guild of British Coach Operators
- Credit: Archant
An Ely coach firm director has been appointed to lead a national coach operators group.
Richard Grey was elected the chairman of the Guild of British Coach Operators at the recent AGM held in Coventry.
Andrew Richmond, of Richmonds Coaches, near Cambridge, is vice chairman. Both will serve for a two-year term.
Owner and managing director of Grey’s of Ely, Mr Grey is well known for his innovative use of technology and marketing to drive forward his business.
He said “It is with great pleasure I accept the appointment to chair and I look forward to my two year tenure. I hope to build upon the drive and enthusiasm of my peers.”
You may also want to watch:
Andrew Richmond, managing director of Richmond’s Coaches, is the third generation of the family since the company was established in 1946.
Richmond’s were one of the earliest members to join the Guild, which celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2015, and have been members continuously for the last 29 years.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
The Guild promotes and markets the services of its members, all of whom commit to meeting the highest quality standards.
Prospective members have to achieve a 100% pass before being accepted into the Guild. The Guild is also registered as a driver CPC training centre, giving members access to courses designed for the coach industry.
Guild membership comprises 23 operators across the UK with two more companies about to join.