New stained glass exhibition at the museum at Ely Cathedral
DEBORA Coombs will be exhibiting Menfolk a series of richly painted stained glass panels at The Stained Glass Museum at Ely Cathedral. The exhibition will run from January 2 until February 14. She said: The series of work explores maleness at various age
DEBORA Coombs will be exhibiting Menfolk a series of richly painted stained glass panels at The Stained Glass Museum at Ely Cathedral.
The exhibition will run from January 2 until February 14.
She said: "The series of work explores maleness at various ages, and in different emotional landscapes. It grew from a desire to explore images of people that spoke to me in some way.
"Combining drawings and photographs of my own family with those of strangers I discovered some interesting relationships.
You may also want to watch:
"I hand painted people and patterns onto pieces of coloured glass to form a mosaic. Fixed together with strips of soldered lead in the traditional manner these Menfolk are now preserved in stained glass; together forever.
"Part of the allure for me is working with the real substance of glass and paint. The process feeds my need to make things.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Offensive graffiti: ‘Hate crimes have no place in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
"Sensual and tactile; craftsmanship is absorbing, technically challenging, and pleasurable. Making provides a perfect counterpoint to thinking."
Debora's stained glass has been exhibited in Europe, Australia, Asia and the USA and is held in the permanent collection of the Stained Glass Museum at Ely Cathedral.