New smartphone app will make getting to and from the station easier for Ely rail passengers
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator Greater Anglia is pioneering a new mobile phone app and website aimed at making rail passengers’ journeys to and from the station in Ely more convenient.
The operator is piloting a new service called ‘Cab & Go’, available via a smartphone app or the internet, where passengers can book a taxi to or from the station, without the need to have the contact details for local taxi firms to hand.
The company says that the free app and website will provide a “fast, simple way of arranging transport, offering convenience and the confidence that onward travel is ready and waiting”.
As well as at Ely, the pilot scheme is currently in operation at Bury St Edmunds, Chelmsford, Colchester, Ingatestone and Norwich rail stations, with more stations to be added after the pilot phase.
Greater Anglia’s commercal director, Andrew Camp, said, “The new service is a further step in making rail travel even more convenient for our customers.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a useful tool that will provide extra confidence for those travelling on business or visiting unfamiliar areas.
“Passengers can quickly and easily use the app from wherever they are to organise a cab to take them to or from the station with no hassle.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
For more information or to download the app visit www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk or www.cabandgo.com