New smartphone app will make getting to and from the station easier for Ely rail passengers
- Credit: Archant
Rail operator Greater Anglia is pioneering a new mobile phone app and website aimed at making rail passengers’ journeys to and from the station in Ely more convenient.
The operator is piloting a new service called ‘Cab & Go’, available via a smartphone app or the internet, where passengers can book a taxi to or from the station, without the need to have the contact details for local taxi firms to hand.
The company says that the free app and website will provide a “fast, simple way of arranging transport, offering convenience and the confidence that onward travel is ready and waiting”.
As well as at Ely, the pilot scheme is currently in operation at Bury St Edmunds, Chelmsford, Colchester, Ingatestone and Norwich rail stations, with more stations to be added after the pilot phase.
Greater Anglia’s commercal director, Andrew Camp, said, “The new service is a further step in making rail travel even more convenient for our customers.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a useful tool that will provide extra confidence for those travelling on business or visiting unfamiliar areas.
“Passengers can quickly and easily use the app from wherever they are to organise a cab to take them to or from the station with no hassle.”
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos
- 10 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
For more information or to download the app visit www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk or www.cabandgo.com