Grocers and convenience store to replace former Ely sweet shop Mr Simms
- Credit: Archant
The former Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shop in Ely High Street will be turned into a grocers and convenience store.
Estate agents Robinson Layer announced that it is the second store they have re-let in the High Street in recent weeks.
It comes as the former Anglia Wine shop opposite was let to a vaping firm last month.
Jonathan Lager of the agents, Robinson Layer, said: "This is the second retail unit at the top end of the High Street we have relet in recent weeks.
"So the High Street still is attractive to retailers."
The popular Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shop closed in August last year due to "business rates and fading footfall".
Dozens took to Facebook to express their sadness at the closure, with the announcement gaining more than 300 comments and over 100 shares.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
The latest letting is a unit of 507 sq ft, located opposite the Lamb Hotel, at 5 Coronation Place, and is let on a five year lease at £17,000 per annum.