New sexual health clinic to open at Ely’s Princess of Wales Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A new one-stop clinic offering contraception and sexual health services will open to patients at the Princess of Wales Hospital, in Ely, on October 1.
The news comes as it was announced that Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust won a tender from Cambridgeshire County Council to provide sexual health services for Cambridgeshire.
When the clinic opens, all aspects of sexual health, including contraception, STI testing and treatment and genito-urinary medicine (GUM), will be available.
The Princess of Wales centre, in Lynn Road, will be open on Wednesdays from 3.30-5.30pm.
The hospital will be one of 11 centres offering sexual health services across Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
Mandee Worrall, from Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust, said: “We’re delighted that we can bring together community and hospital sexual health services at locations across Cambridgeshire for the first time.
“Traditionally, sexual health services have been split into contraceptive or genitourinary medicine services.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
“This means that someone needing contraception who also has concerns about a sexually transmitted infection may have had to go to separate appointments at different locations.
“As a result this may stop some people getting all the advice and support they need, because they cannot or don’t want two appointments.
“By integrating the services in a number of one stop clinics people can have all their sexual health and contraceptive needs, including STI testing and treatment, met in one place by one clinician wherever possible.”
Patients will be able to book to use the service by contacting the new referral line - 0300 300 30 30 - and an appointment will be booked for them at one of the available locations.