Daily ‘mini markets’ launching in Ely as market days double in the city
- Credit: Archant
Ely is to double the number of market days from three a week to six.
With the aim of making the market more ‘eco-friendly’ with a local approach to shopping, a new series of ‘mini markets’ have been introduced.
They will take place on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and feature stalls selling fruit, vegetables, coffee and bread.
The new markets begin on Tuesday April 3 and will trade from 8.30am to 3.30pm.
On Wednesday April 4 there will be a launch day to coincide with the Easter school holiday.
You may also want to watch:
There will be extra stalls, activities and the chance to meet Michael Recycle, Ely’s local eco-hero, and to win an Ely Markets “Bring Your Own” goody bag.
Julia Davis, of Ely Markets, said: “We want to make our markets more useful and convenient than ever before.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
“If people in Ely choose to make a few small changes to the way they shop then together we can make a big difference.”