New sergeant joins the Ely beat
A SERGEANT has taken over the Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) in Ely.
Sgt Mark Yeldham takes over from Chris Acourt having previously worked as a response sergeant in the city.
He has been a sergeant since 2004 and has previously worked as crime manager at Parkside, Cambridge.
Sgt Yeldham has 10 years’ service with Cambridgeshire Constabulary and has worked in Ely as a PC and a Sergeant.
He said: “I am very pleased to be taking on the role of Neighbourhood Policing Team Sergeant at Ely and I’m looking forward to being out and about meeting people in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to continue the good work of Ely NPT officers and PCSOs to reduce crime and disorder in the city and make it a safe place for everyone.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air