New sergeant joins the Ely beat
A SERGEANT has taken over the Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) in Ely.
Sgt Mark Yeldham takes over from Chris Acourt having previously worked as a response sergeant in the city.
He has been a sergeant since 2004 and has previously worked as crime manager at Parkside, Cambridge.
Sgt Yeldham has 10 years’ service with Cambridgeshire Constabulary and has worked in Ely as a PC and a Sergeant.
He said: “I am very pleased to be taking on the role of Neighbourhood Policing Team Sergeant at Ely and I’m looking forward to being out and about meeting people in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to continue the good work of Ely NPT officers and PCSOs to reduce crime and disorder in the city and make it a safe place for everyone.”
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire