New sergeant joins the Ely beat
A SERGEANT has taken over the Neighbourhood Policing Team (NPT) in Ely.
Sgt Mark Yeldham takes over from Chris Acourt having previously worked as a response sergeant in the city.
He has been a sergeant since 2004 and has previously worked as crime manager at Parkside, Cambridge.
Sgt Yeldham has 10 years’ service with Cambridgeshire Constabulary and has worked in Ely as a PC and a Sergeant.
He said: “I am very pleased to be taking on the role of Neighbourhood Policing Team Sergeant at Ely and I’m looking forward to being out and about meeting people in the area.
You may also want to watch:
“I want to continue the good work of Ely NPT officers and PCSOs to reduce crime and disorder in the city and make it a safe place for everyone.”
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos