New Scout group invested in Ely
AKELA and fellow Scout leaders found themselves being invested alongside their youngsters this week as a new Scout group was officially launched.
The 3rd Ely Scouts was set up in a bid to tackle the city’s ever-growing waiting list of young people looking to get involved with the scouting movement.
At a ceremony held at King’s Junior School on Wednesday, a pack of 12 Beavers were invested into the group alongside their new Akela and other leaders.
Jon Faulkner, who volunteers with the new group, said: “There is a huge waiting list in Ely of youngsters looking to join a group and so we decided to start 3rd Ely up to help tackle that.
“We have started with just Beavers but we are hoping to get a Cub pack started for September as well. It has been a very encouraging start so far and the Beavers seem to be enjoying it.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.elydistrictscouts.co,uk to find out how you can get involved with Scouting.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 5 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 6 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture