New Scout group invested in Ely
AKELA and fellow Scout leaders found themselves being invested alongside their youngsters this week as a new Scout group was officially launched.
The 3rd Ely Scouts was set up in a bid to tackle the city’s ever-growing waiting list of young people looking to get involved with the scouting movement.
At a ceremony held at King’s Junior School on Wednesday, a pack of 12 Beavers were invested into the group alongside their new Akela and other leaders.
Jon Faulkner, who volunteers with the new group, said: “There is a huge waiting list in Ely of youngsters looking to join a group and so we decided to start 3rd Ely up to help tackle that.
“We have started with just Beavers but we are hoping to get a Cub pack started for September as well. It has been a very encouraging start so far and the Beavers seem to be enjoying it.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.elydistrictscouts.co,uk to find out how you can get involved with Scouting.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000