New Scout group invested in Ely
AKELA and fellow Scout leaders found themselves being invested alongside their youngsters this week as a new Scout group was officially launched.
The 3rd Ely Scouts was set up in a bid to tackle the city’s ever-growing waiting list of young people looking to get involved with the scouting movement.
At a ceremony held at King’s Junior School on Wednesday, a pack of 12 Beavers were invested into the group alongside their new Akela and other leaders.
Jon Faulkner, who volunteers with the new group, said: “There is a huge waiting list in Ely of youngsters looking to join a group and so we decided to start 3rd Ely up to help tackle that.
“We have started with just Beavers but we are hoping to get a Cub pack started for September as well. It has been a very encouraging start so far and the Beavers seem to be enjoying it.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.elydistrictscouts.co,uk to find out how you can get involved with Scouting.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Town considers home for market
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate