New school motto is a real winner for the Simpson family
- Credit: Archant
A new motto for Sutton Primary School was unveiled this week by the pupils who helped come up with it.
Siblings Harry and Daisy Simpson’s suggestion ‘Live well, laugh together, learn forever’ was officially adopted on Thursday after coming out ahead of the pack in a rigorous judging process.
The school decided to launch a competition to find a motto at the start of the year and initially, 25 suggestions were put forward by pupils and parents.
The 25 were whittled down to three by the school council and governors before being put to the vote, with the Simpson family’s suggestion coming out on top.
As a memento of their winning effort, Harry and Daisy, watched by mum and dad, Paul and Karen, were presented with a plaque bearing their words.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy head teacher Dan Smith said the motto would now be adopted onto all official school correspondence.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening