New school motto is a real winner for the Simpson family
- Credit: Archant
A new motto for Sutton Primary School was unveiled this week by the pupils who helped come up with it.
Siblings Harry and Daisy Simpson’s suggestion ‘Live well, laugh together, learn forever’ was officially adopted on Thursday after coming out ahead of the pack in a rigorous judging process.
The school decided to launch a competition to find a motto at the start of the year and initially, 25 suggestions were put forward by pupils and parents.
The 25 were whittled down to three by the school council and governors before being put to the vote, with the Simpson family’s suggestion coming out on top.
As a memento of their winning effort, Harry and Daisy, watched by mum and dad, Paul and Karen, were presented with a plaque bearing their words.
Deputy head teacher Dan Smith said the motto would now be adopted onto all official school correspondence.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash