New rock choir to be launched for those with a passion for music
- Credit: Archant
A NEW friendly rock choir is starting on September 1, to sing a repertoire ranging from rock and pop, to soul, motown and funk.
The Rock Vox Choir will meet every Sunday evening at Prickwillow Village Hall from 7pm to 9pm.
The songs are all specially arranged for the choir by musical director Clare Hall.
She said: “The aim is for music to span the decades from 1950′s to modern day, travelling a winding road through many genres – rock, pop, motown, soul and funk.”
Clare added: “No previous choir experience is necessary to join, and there are no nerve wracking auditions. There is no need to read notes, all you need is a passion for music.”.
You may also want to watch:
The first free taster session takes place on Sunday September 1, and membership costs £15 a month.
For more information call Clare on 07825 220808, Jude Keen who is dealing with membership enquiries on 07769 260643, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos