New rock choir to be launched for those with a passion for music
- Credit: Archant
A NEW friendly rock choir is starting on September 1, to sing a repertoire ranging from rock and pop, to soul, motown and funk.
The Rock Vox Choir will meet every Sunday evening at Prickwillow Village Hall from 7pm to 9pm.
The songs are all specially arranged for the choir by musical director Clare Hall.
She said: “The aim is for music to span the decades from 1950′s to modern day, travelling a winding road through many genres – rock, pop, motown, soul and funk.”
Clare added: “No previous choir experience is necessary to join, and there are no nerve wracking auditions. There is no need to read notes, all you need is a passion for music.”.
The first free taster session takes place on Sunday September 1, and membership costs £15 a month.
For more information call Clare on 07825 220808, Jude Keen who is dealing with membership enquiries on 07769 260643, or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’