New rock choir to be launched for those with a passion for music
- Credit: Archant
A NEW friendly rock choir is starting on September 1, to sing a repertoire ranging from rock and pop, to soul, motown and funk.
The Rock Vox Choir will meet every Sunday evening at Prickwillow Village Hall from 7pm to 9pm.
The songs are all specially arranged for the choir by musical director Clare Hall.
She said: “The aim is for music to span the decades from 1950′s to modern day, travelling a winding road through many genres – rock, pop, motown, soul and funk.”
Clare added: “No previous choir experience is necessary to join, and there are no nerve wracking auditions. There is no need to read notes, all you need is a passion for music.”.
You may also want to watch:
The first free taster session takes place on Sunday September 1, and membership costs £15 a month.
For more information call Clare on 07825 220808, Jude Keen who is dealing with membership enquiries on 07769 260643, or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road