New president for Ely Inner Wheel Club
- Credit: Archant
Ely Inner Wheel Club welcomed their new president at a meeting last Wednesday.
Diana Goldstein welcomed everyone for the last time in her role as president. Reports were given by the club officers and finally Diana summarised her year of events and speakers and said how much she had enjoyed being president.
The handover then followed with Diana passing the chain of office to our newly elected president Mary Rone. Diana was presented with a scarf and a garden shrub.
The vice-president for 2016/17 is Joy Hockey.
Mary Rone’s chosen charity for the year is Arthur Rank Hospice, Lisa’s Fund. Her theme through the year is “Just Me” with herself being just me and this is reflected in the speakers at meetings being local people from rotary and other organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Forthcoming events in July include running a stall and helping Ely and Hereward Rotary clubs with Aquafest on Sunday (July 3), a major fundraising event for local charities,
On July 27 Mary will hold her presidents evening at Ely Sailing Club.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
The August meeting will include a meal on board the Captain’s Table, Riverside, Ely.
For more information on Ely Inner Wheel or to attend one of their meetings, most of which are held in the Old Dispensary, call 01353 667944.