New president for Ely Hereward Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
As the president of the Ely Hereward Rotary Club stepped down on Wednesday (June 27) someone had to fill their place.
Jeff Hide, the former club president, handed over to Ely Hereward Rotary Club’s new president Sarah Lindsell.
Sarah’s first official engagement as club president was the opening of this year’s Ely Aquafest on Jubilee Gardens.
A spokesman said: “Despite temperatures approaching a sweltering 30c the crowds turned out to see raft races and Hannam’s Wake Hub on the river.
“Highlight of the day was undoubtedly the three flyovers by the D-Day veteran C-47 Douglas Dakota from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
You may also want to watch:
“Any hopes of any easier life for Jeff are tempered somewhat by the fact that he’s now coordinating the planning and organisation of the 2018 Ely Bonfire and Firework display.
“This year, the event is being organised jointly by the two Rotary Clubs in Ely, with Soham Rotary Club and the local scouts.”
For more information about Ely Hereward Rotary, visit: www.rotaryclubely-hereward.org/ or go to their Facebook page.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 9 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k