New post to encourage people to engage with the church
- Credit: Archant
Rev Edward Olsworth-Peter has been appointed young adults adviser for the Diocese of Ely.
Rev Olsworth-Peter will come to Ely from his post as vicar of Holy Trinity Sydenham with St Augustine’s Honor Oak Park in Southwark Diocese.
His post is a new full-time role within the diocese, reflecting the desire to develop and nurture new initiatives with young adults, and to further enhance and support fresh expressions of church.
Rev Olsworth-Peter has 11 years’ experience as a parish priest working in a range of church traditions in three benefices across the dioceses of Guildford, Southwark and London.
Prior to ordination, he studied geography at Bristol University before studying theology at Oxford and training at Wycliffe Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking about his appointment, he said: “There is a pressing need to connect with people who struggle to get beyond the margins of church. Fresh expressions are proving an effective of achieving this. I am also eager to help the church discover new ways of engaging with people aged between 20 and 40.
“I look forward to being part of the ongoing diocesan strategy for mission and working with existing church communities, helping to grow new ones and to support church leaders, pioneers and congregations in sharing the message of the Christian faith for the 21st century.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
Rev Olsworth-Peter is also a published writer and musician. He is married to Lisa and they have a one-year old son, Henry. He will take up his appointment in September.