New Post Office branch opens in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The long wait for a permanent Post Office branch in Ely finally ended with the opening of the new Market Street branch.
Devinder Singh, from Prickwillow, is post master of the new outlet, which is located in part of the Central Hall building.
The branch will also serve as a Costcutter convenience store.
The main counters in the new outlet are open Monday to Saturday from 9am-5.30pm.
A post office terminal will also be available offering some services during the shop’s opening hours: Monday to Friday: 7am-8pm; Saturday: 7am-10pm and Sunday: 7am-6pm.
The temporary Post Office building, which spent a year in the Paradise Centre car park, was finally removed last Thursday and staff transferred to the new branch.
Visitors to Ely will have access to 14 short stay parking spaces again.
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series