New Post Office branch opens in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The long wait for a permanent Post Office branch in Ely finally ended with the opening of the new Market Street branch.
Devinder Singh, from Prickwillow, is post master of the new outlet, which is located in part of the Central Hall building.
The branch will also serve as a Costcutter convenience store.
The main counters in the new outlet are open Monday to Saturday from 9am-5.30pm.
A post office terminal will also be available offering some services during the shop’s opening hours: Monday to Friday: 7am-8pm; Saturday: 7am-10pm and Sunday: 7am-6pm.
You may also want to watch:
The temporary Post Office building, which spent a year in the Paradise Centre car park, was finally removed last Thursday and staff transferred to the new branch.
Visitors to Ely will have access to 14 short stay parking spaces again.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening