New Pink Floyd tribute band Thieving Magpie take to the stage
- Credit: Archant
THE new Soham based Pink Floyd tribute band Thieving Magpie will be appearing at The Flintknappers at Brandon on Sunday, and will take to the stage at The Cherry Tree in Soham on Friday August 30.
Steve Webb from Soham is their lead guitarist. He said: “Thieving Magpie has been in the making for two and a half years and is now ready to hit the road.
“We play progressive/classic rock, and are continuing to add songs to our set list. We aim to bring a twist to rock music and are dedicated to giving a professional sound to any venue.” -
Also in the band line up is Mike Fitzgerald from Soham, (lead vocals, keytar, keyboards) bass guitarist and backing vocalist Colin Stevens from Witchford, drummer Andrew Mountford from Soham, guitarist Steve Caldwell from St Ives, and Stuart Clements from Sandy (keyboards and backing vocals).
The band will also be playing at the Waggon and Horses in Newmarket at 8.30pm on Saturday August 31.
For more information about the band, go to www.thievingmagpie.co.uk
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 7 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 10 Table tennis trio stretch winning run with dominant display