New Pink Floyd tribute band Thieving Magpie take to the stage
- Credit: Archant
THE new Soham based Pink Floyd tribute band Thieving Magpie will be appearing at The Flintknappers at Brandon on Sunday, and will take to the stage at The Cherry Tree in Soham on Friday August 30.
Steve Webb from Soham is their lead guitarist. He said: “Thieving Magpie has been in the making for two and a half years and is now ready to hit the road.
“We play progressive/classic rock, and are continuing to add songs to our set list. We aim to bring a twist to rock music and are dedicated to giving a professional sound to any venue.” -
Also in the band line up is Mike Fitzgerald from Soham, (lead vocals, keytar, keyboards) bass guitarist and backing vocalist Colin Stevens from Witchford, drummer Andrew Mountford from Soham, guitarist Steve Caldwell from St Ives, and Stuart Clements from Sandy (keyboards and backing vocals).
The band will also be playing at the Waggon and Horses in Newmarket at 8.30pm on Saturday August 31.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the band, go to www.thievingmagpie.co.uk
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.