New Pink Floyd tribute band Thieving Magpie take to the stage
- Credit: Archant
THE new Soham based Pink Floyd tribute band Thieving Magpie will be appearing at The Flintknappers at Brandon on Sunday, and will take to the stage at The Cherry Tree in Soham on Friday August 30.
Steve Webb from Soham is their lead guitarist. He said: “Thieving Magpie has been in the making for two and a half years and is now ready to hit the road.
“We play progressive/classic rock, and are continuing to add songs to our set list. We aim to bring a twist to rock music and are dedicated to giving a professional sound to any venue.” -
Also in the band line up is Mike Fitzgerald from Soham, (lead vocals, keytar, keyboards) bass guitarist and backing vocalist Colin Stevens from Witchford, drummer Andrew Mountford from Soham, guitarist Steve Caldwell from St Ives, and Stuart Clements from Sandy (keyboards and backing vocals).
The band will also be playing at the Waggon and Horses in Newmarket at 8.30pm on Saturday August 31.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the band, go to www.thievingmagpie.co.uk
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 8 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge