New outdoor classroom unveiled at Sutton Summer Fete
THE Sutton Primary School Summer Fete on Saturday saw the unveiling of the school’s brand new outdoor classroom.
The classroom was built and installed for the school at no cost by Longcross Construction.
Longcross recently built the new Sainsbury’s supermarket in Lisle Lane, Ely, and chose the Sutton venture as their community project.
The classroom was unveiled as the school’s fete which saw a day of fun and games take place at the school, including lucky dip, tombola, fun fair and raffles.
Deputy head teacher, Jonny Wallace, said: “The classroom has been built to provide a real learning resource which will really enhance children’s learning in the natural environment. It is anticipated that all classes will make use of the classroom during the rest of this term and moving forward into the next.”
You may also want to watch:
Ben Oldershaw and Lauren Freeman cut the ribbon to officially open the outdoor learning area and the pupils will begin using the classroom, once the weather improves!
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest