New outdoor classroom unveiled at Sutton Summer Fete
THE Sutton Primary School Summer Fete on Saturday saw the unveiling of the school’s brand new outdoor classroom.
The classroom was built and installed for the school at no cost by Longcross Construction.
Longcross recently built the new Sainsbury’s supermarket in Lisle Lane, Ely, and chose the Sutton venture as their community project.
The classroom was unveiled as the school’s fete which saw a day of fun and games take place at the school, including lucky dip, tombola, fun fair and raffles.
Deputy head teacher, Jonny Wallace, said: “The classroom has been built to provide a real learning resource which will really enhance children’s learning in the natural environment. It is anticipated that all classes will make use of the classroom during the rest of this term and moving forward into the next.”
You may also want to watch:
Ben Oldershaw and Lauren Freeman cut the ribbon to officially open the outdoor learning area and the pupils will begin using the classroom, once the weather improves!
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer