New outdoor classroom unveiled at Sutton Summer Fete
THE Sutton Primary School Summer Fete on Saturday saw the unveiling of the school’s brand new outdoor classroom.
The classroom was built and installed for the school at no cost by Longcross Construction.
Longcross recently built the new Sainsbury’s supermarket in Lisle Lane, Ely, and chose the Sutton venture as their community project.
The classroom was unveiled as the school’s fete which saw a day of fun and games take place at the school, including lucky dip, tombola, fun fair and raffles.
Deputy head teacher, Jonny Wallace, said: “The classroom has been built to provide a real learning resource which will really enhance children’s learning in the natural environment. It is anticipated that all classes will make use of the classroom during the rest of this term and moving forward into the next.”
Ben Oldershaw and Lauren Freeman cut the ribbon to officially open the outdoor learning area and the pupils will begin using the classroom, once the weather improves!
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months