New methods for paying Council Tax
EAST Cambs residents will no longer be able to pay their Council Tax at the district council offices in Ely after the closure of the cash office on Friday. Decline in use has forced the closure of the office, and people with bank accounts are being advis
EAST Cambs residents will no longer be able to pay their Council Tax at the district council offices in Ely after the closure of the cash office on Friday.
Decline in use has forced the closure of the office, and people with bank accounts are being advised to pay on-line, via direct debit or by post.
Residents without bank accounts can apply for a special card which enables them to pay their bills over the counter at a number of shops and post offices around East Cambs.
Council finance director Alex Colyer said: "We have made sure that everyone who has used this service has been informed of the new arrangements and most are now paying their bills via direct debit.
"The decision to open up these new avenues of payment will mean savings for the district council and better opportunities for the public to pay their council bills at a time that suits them."
INFO: If anyone requires further information regarding the payment options, contact the finance department on 01353 665555.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told