New-look, modernised and re-located Cottenham Post Office opens at Shaun’s News, 145 High Street
- Credit: Archant
A modernised and re-located Cottenham Post Office, now open for an extra 34 hours per week, was officially opened on Friday.
Heidi Allen, MP for South Cambridgeshire, cut the ribbon with new postmaster Jignesh Amin (known as Jigs) at the new premises of Shaun’s News, 145 High Street, Cottenham.
She said: “Not only has the village retained a post office, it has really benefitted as the new branch is now open seven days a week and much longer hours.
“The village has an incredible asset in ‘Jigs’. With his incredible sense of community and work ethic he deserves to hold the position of the hub of the village.”
Postmaster Jignesh Amin, who has run Shaun’s News for 12 years, said: “We closed the newsagents for a week to completely refurbish the store to accommodate the post office.
You may also want to watch:
“Customers are very happy with the new look. It is spacious, very convenient and we are a friendly, welcoming branch.”
Products and services are now provided from two open-plan tills at the retail counter instead of from separate screened counters, which will be open during the shops opening hours: Monday to Saturday from 7am to 6.30pm and Sunday from 7am until 1pm.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
The move is part of a major modernisation programme across the company designed to make it easier for customers to do business, through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.