New lease of life for former Sutton butcher’s shop
- Credit: Archant
A former butcher’s shop in Sutton has finally re-opened as a delicatessen and café.
Deli at 65 was opened in High Street earlier this month by business brothers Mark and Peter Petrou, who also run a fish and chip shop in Chatteris.
The shop was the former base of the Hills, Harnwell and Rutterford butcher’s shop and had been the subject of two failed attempts to turn the premises into a fast food takeaway by other applicants.
After months of consultation with neighbours of the shop, the Petrous finally entered plans for a delicatessen and café to East Cambridgeshire District Council, which were approved earlier this year.
The deli, which has created four jobs, supplies cakes, cheeses, cured meats, vegetables and fruits as well as tea and coffee.
You may also want to watch:
Search Sutton Deli at 65 on Facebook for more information.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats