New lease of life for former Sutton butcher’s shop
- Credit: Archant
A former butcher’s shop in Sutton has finally re-opened as a delicatessen and café.
Deli at 65 was opened in High Street earlier this month by business brothers Mark and Peter Petrou, who also run a fish and chip shop in Chatteris.
The shop was the former base of the Hills, Harnwell and Rutterford butcher’s shop and had been the subject of two failed attempts to turn the premises into a fast food takeaway by other applicants.
After months of consultation with neighbours of the shop, the Petrous finally entered plans for a delicatessen and café to East Cambridgeshire District Council, which were approved earlier this year.
The deli, which has created four jobs, supplies cakes, cheeses, cured meats, vegetables and fruits as well as tea and coffee.
Search Sutton Deli at 65 on Facebook for more information.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash