New lease of life for former Ely sports store
- Credit: Archant
A FORMER sports shop which was left empty after its owners moved out of Ely in the spring is set to begin a new life as a fudge-making business.
The owners of 3Q Sports, in Market Place, decided to move the business into new premises in Chettisham earlier this year citing falling footfall and an increase in business rates.
Now, just a few months on, the premises has been taken over by mother and daughter team Louise Mortimer and Jes Richardson, from Cambridge, who will be opening a branch of Roly’s Fudge Pantry on Saturday.
The duo will make specialist fudge sweets and gifts on the premises, with a unique viewing window so passers-by can see the fudge being made.
Mayor of Ely, Cllr Elaine Griffin-Singh, will be cutting the ribbon at the shop on Saturday and Louise is hoping that a special strawberries and champagne flavoured fudge will be ready in time for the grand opening.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s really nice that I have been able to do this with my daughter and we are both very much looking forward to it. It is a perfect location for us in a really lovely, old-looking building, we can’t wait to get started.”
INFO: For more information, contact the shop on 01353 654099.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections