Over 120 homes to be built in Cottenham as part of £21 million development project
- Credit: Archant
A new £21 million housing development with over 120 homes planned to be built near Ely is getting underway.
There will be 121 houses at the 11.5-acre Redland Grange site in Cottenham, with forty per cent of these being affordable.
The site will also boast a range of one to five-bedroom properties, with more than £1 million to be spent on infrastructure including education, transport and community facilities through Section 106 contributions.
Nick Phillips, director of construction firm Charles Church who is building the homes, said: "Whenever we start working within a community, we look at ways to support local people and deliver affordable homes.
"We are pleased to be creating jobs in construction and the supply chain which brings a boost to Cambridgeshire's economy and the region overall."
You may also want to watch:
Nova Eames, sales director at Charles Church East Midlands, added: "Cottenham is a picturesque village full of amenities which create a fantastic rural lifestyle."
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash