New homes planned
PLANS for 20 new homes in Little Downham looked set to be approved by planners on Wednesday. The scheme by Freshwater Estates at Oak Farm in Cannon Street includes one, two and three bedroom homes and two bedroom bungalows. Planners rejected an earlier ap
PLANS for 20 new homes in Little Downham looked set to be approved by planners on Wednesday.
The scheme by Freshwater Estates at Oak Farm in Cannon Street includes one, two and three bedroom homes and two bedroom bungalows.
Planners rejected an earlier application for 24 homes on the site because they feared it would impact on local residents and there was a lack of public open space within the site.
Four letters of objection to the latest application were received from residents and concerns were raised by Little Downham Parish Council over parking issues.
You may also want to watch:
Members also asked for a flood risk assessment to be carried out following worries about surface water drainage on Cannon Street.
East Cambridgeshire District Council's planning committee members were due to visit the site yesterday morning (Wednesday) and officers had urged them to support the plans subject to a 106 agreement.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
The agreement would include contributions from the developer for educational, social and community provision, public open space and a promise that 20 per cent of the homes would be affordable housing.
If the agreement is not reached within 12 months of any planning permission being granted the scheme would be returned to planners for further consideration.