New head teacher announced for Soham’s third primary
- Credit: Archant
THE trust in charge of managing Soham’s new primary school has announced the appointment of a new head teacher.
The Staploe Education Trust announced on Monday that Lisa Gregory will leave her post as deputy head at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham to become the first head of The Shade Primary School from September.
The new £5 million school is being built on the northern edge of the town, a few hundred yards from The Shade housing estate.
As part of her new role, Lisa will also become the head teacher of Kennett Primary School, which is also under the trust’s umbrella.
Lisa said: “The education provided at primary school should excite children about learning. I will build a vision for learning for the children of both schools and,
You may also want to watch:
using the strong teams around me, support and stretch children to achieve their best.”
A spokesman for the trust added: “Lisa has a passion for learning and believe in developing skills in children that will enable them to become life-long learners.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
Lisa’s senior team will include Shelia Taylor, deputy head at Kennett Primary School and Katrina McKay, who will take up a post as assistant head teacher in charge of early years at The Shade.
Miss McKay is currently an assistant head teacher leading early years provision at a
large British primary school in Germany.