New head teacher announced for Soham’s third primary
- Credit: Archant
THE trust in charge of managing Soham’s new primary school has announced the appointment of a new head teacher.
The Staploe Education Trust announced on Monday that Lisa Gregory will leave her post as deputy head at St Andrew’s Primary School in Soham to become the first head of The Shade Primary School from September.
The new £5 million school is being built on the northern edge of the town, a few hundred yards from The Shade housing estate.
As part of her new role, Lisa will also become the head teacher of Kennett Primary School, which is also under the trust’s umbrella.
Lisa said: “The education provided at primary school should excite children about learning. I will build a vision for learning for the children of both schools and,
using the strong teams around me, support and stretch children to achieve their best.”
A spokesman for the trust added: “Lisa has a passion for learning and believe in developing skills in children that will enable them to become life-long learners.”
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 5 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Efforts of Cambridgeshire’s Covid community champions recognised in Parliament
Lisa’s senior team will include Shelia Taylor, deputy head at Kennett Primary School and Katrina McKay, who will take up a post as assistant head teacher in charge of early years at The Shade.
Miss McKay is currently an assistant head teacher leading early years provision at a
large British primary school in Germany.