New head at City of Ely Community College
A NEW principal has taken charge at the City of Ely Community College. Catherine Jenkinson-Dix was appointed to the post immediately after the Easter break and is hoping she can make the college an outstanding centre of learning for all . She said: We w
A NEW principal has taken charge at the City of Ely Community College.
Catherine Jenkinson-Dix was appointed to the post immediately after the Easter break and is hoping she can make the college "an outstanding centre of learning for all".
She said: "We want to understand the importance of leadership at all levels in driving forward improvement as well as working closely with all key partners in the process. We need to ensure that learning is at the heart of all our work and that everything we do is done to a consistently high standard."
Mrs Jenkinson-Dix brings a wealth of experience to the job having previously been in charge at Bassingbourn Village College in Cambridge.
New head Catherine Jenkinson-Dix with Year 10 pupils George and Naomi.
- 1 Pair trapped after A142 crash rescued from ditch
- 2 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 3 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 6 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' following A1303 crash
- 7 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 8 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 9 Councillors left disappointed as decision made on £37m station project
- 10 Budding musicians hit the right note at 25th annual awards evening
Photo: HELEN DRAKE