New head at City of Ely Community College
A NEW principal has taken charge at the City of Ely Community College. Catherine Jenkinson-Dix was appointed to the post immediately after the Easter break and is hoping she can make the college an outstanding centre of learning for all . She said: We w
A NEW principal has taken charge at the City of Ely Community College.
Catherine Jenkinson-Dix was appointed to the post immediately after the Easter break and is hoping she can make the college "an outstanding centre of learning for all".
She said: "We want to understand the importance of leadership at all levels in driving forward improvement as well as working closely with all key partners in the process. We need to ensure that learning is at the heart of all our work and that everything we do is done to a consistently high standard."
Mrs Jenkinson-Dix brings a wealth of experience to the job having previously been in charge at Bassingbourn Village College in Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
New head Catherine Jenkinson-Dix with Year 10 pupils George and Naomi.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 9 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
Photo: HELEN DRAKE