New head at City of Ely Community College
A NEW principal has taken charge at the City of Ely Community College. Catherine Jenkinson-Dix was appointed to the post immediately after the Easter break and is hoping she can make the college an outstanding centre of learning for all . She said: We w
A NEW principal has taken charge at the City of Ely Community College.
Catherine Jenkinson-Dix was appointed to the post immediately after the Easter break and is hoping she can make the college "an outstanding centre of learning for all".
She said: "We want to understand the importance of leadership at all levels in driving forward improvement as well as working closely with all key partners in the process. We need to ensure that learning is at the heart of all our work and that everything we do is done to a consistently high standard."
Mrs Jenkinson-Dix brings a wealth of experience to the job having previously been in charge at Bassingbourn Village College in Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
New head Catherine Jenkinson-Dix with Year 10 pupils George and Naomi.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
Photo: HELEN DRAKE