New head at City of Ely Community College
A NEW principal has taken charge at the City of Ely Community College. Catherine Jenkinson-Dix was appointed to the post immediately after the Easter break and is hoping she can make the college an outstanding centre of learning for all . She said: We w
A NEW principal has taken charge at the City of Ely Community College.
Catherine Jenkinson-Dix was appointed to the post immediately after the Easter break and is hoping she can make the college "an outstanding centre of learning for all".
She said: "We want to understand the importance of leadership at all levels in driving forward improvement as well as working closely with all key partners in the process. We need to ensure that learning is at the heart of all our work and that everything we do is done to a consistently high standard."
Mrs Jenkinson-Dix brings a wealth of experience to the job having previously been in charge at Bassingbourn Village College in Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
New head Catherine Jenkinson-Dix with Year 10 pupils George and Naomi.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 8 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
Photo: HELEN DRAKE