Gavin Acheson joins King’s Ely’s board of governors
- Credit: Archant
A new governor has been appointed at King’s Ely.
Gavin Acheson joins the board of governors which works alongside the principal to oversee the leadership of the school.
Educated at King’s College School, Wimbledon, Trinity College, Oxford, and then the College of Law, Guildford, Gavin is a lawyer and specialises in property and charities.
He worked at Farrer & Co in London for nearly 30 years and recently moved to Birketts Solicitors in Cambridge.
Gavin now lives with his wife, Jo, and their two young children.
Gavin is a member of the Law Society, Investment Property Forum, Cambridge University Law Society, Marylebone Cricket Club and the British Film Institute. In his spare time, Gavin enjoys films, fine dining and all things Italian.
Jeff Hayes, chairman of the board of governors at King’s Ely, said: “I am certain that Gavin’s experience as a lawyer, specialising in property and the charity sector, will prove an invaluable asset as the school looks towards the future.”
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told