Gavin Acheson joins King’s Ely’s board of governors
- Credit: Archant
A new governor has been appointed at King’s Ely.
Gavin Acheson joins the board of governors which works alongside the principal to oversee the leadership of the school.
Educated at King’s College School, Wimbledon, Trinity College, Oxford, and then the College of Law, Guildford, Gavin is a lawyer and specialises in property and charities.
He worked at Farrer & Co in London for nearly 30 years and recently moved to Birketts Solicitors in Cambridge.
Gavin now lives with his wife, Jo, and their two young children.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin is a member of the Law Society, Investment Property Forum, Cambridge University Law Society, Marylebone Cricket Club and the British Film Institute. In his spare time, Gavin enjoys films, fine dining and all things Italian.
Jeff Hayes, chairman of the board of governors at King’s Ely, said: “I am certain that Gavin’s experience as a lawyer, specialising in property and the charity sector, will prove an invaluable asset as the school looks towards the future.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend