Gavin Acheson joins King’s Ely’s board of governors
- Credit: Archant
A new governor has been appointed at King’s Ely.
Gavin Acheson joins the board of governors which works alongside the principal to oversee the leadership of the school.
Educated at King’s College School, Wimbledon, Trinity College, Oxford, and then the College of Law, Guildford, Gavin is a lawyer and specialises in property and charities.
He worked at Farrer & Co in London for nearly 30 years and recently moved to Birketts Solicitors in Cambridge.
Gavin now lives with his wife, Jo, and their two young children.
You may also want to watch:
Gavin is a member of the Law Society, Investment Property Forum, Cambridge University Law Society, Marylebone Cricket Club and the British Film Institute. In his spare time, Gavin enjoys films, fine dining and all things Italian.
Jeff Hayes, chairman of the board of governors at King’s Ely, said: “I am certain that Gavin’s experience as a lawyer, specialising in property and the charity sector, will prove an invaluable asset as the school looks towards the future.”
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 5 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 6 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’