New Ely hotel set for spring 2013 opening
THE new boutique hotel set for Ely is scheduled to open its doors in March, its owners have announced.
Poet’s House, in St Mary’s Street, formerly the offices of housing group Sanctuary Hereward, has been undergoing a refurbishment since it was vacated at the start of the year but owners say the work is entering the home straight.
The three storey property, to be managed by fledgling hotel company House Collection, will boast 21 bedrooms, a 60-seater restaurant and a function room opening onto the gardens, with capacity for up to 100 guests,
House Collection is backed by a team of hotel specialists whose credentials include running The Belfry in Birmingham and with finance from Cambridgeshire-based investment company Eastern Counties Finance.
David Toulson-Burke, managing director of the House Collection said: “A great deal of care is being invested into every aspect of the design of Poet’s House. With the emphasis on style, comfort and attention to detail, we will offer our guests a very different experience to mainstream hotels.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that the arrival of Poet’s House – along with future House Collection hotels – will be very warmly welcomed by the local community and visitors to the region alike.”
On Friday, European MEP for the East of England Geoffrey Van Orden, was given a tour of the site by managers and fellow councillors and gave the project his seal of approval.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
Enquiries for 2013 are now being taken for Poet’s House in Ely visit: www.thehousecollection.com.