New Ely hotel set for spring 2013 opening
THE new boutique hotel set for Ely is scheduled to open its doors in March, its owners have announced.
Poet’s House, in St Mary’s Street, formerly the offices of housing group Sanctuary Hereward, has been undergoing a refurbishment since it was vacated at the start of the year but owners say the work is entering the home straight.
The three storey property, to be managed by fledgling hotel company House Collection, will boast 21 bedrooms, a 60-seater restaurant and a function room opening onto the gardens, with capacity for up to 100 guests,
House Collection is backed by a team of hotel specialists whose credentials include running The Belfry in Birmingham and with finance from Cambridgeshire-based investment company Eastern Counties Finance.
David Toulson-Burke, managing director of the House Collection said: “A great deal of care is being invested into every aspect of the design of Poet’s House. With the emphasis on style, comfort and attention to detail, we will offer our guests a very different experience to mainstream hotels.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that the arrival of Poet’s House – along with future House Collection hotels – will be very warmly welcomed by the local community and visitors to the region alike.”
On Friday, European MEP for the East of England Geoffrey Van Orden, was given a tour of the site by managers and fellow councillors and gave the project his seal of approval.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections
Enquiries for 2013 are now being taken for Poet’s House in Ely visit: www.thehousecollection.com.