New Ely hotel set for spring 2013 opening
THE new boutique hotel set for Ely is scheduled to open its doors in March, its owners have announced.
Poet’s House, in St Mary’s Street, formerly the offices of housing group Sanctuary Hereward, has been undergoing a refurbishment since it was vacated at the start of the year but owners say the work is entering the home straight.
The three storey property, to be managed by fledgling hotel company House Collection, will boast 21 bedrooms, a 60-seater restaurant and a function room opening onto the gardens, with capacity for up to 100 guests,
House Collection is backed by a team of hotel specialists whose credentials include running The Belfry in Birmingham and with finance from Cambridgeshire-based investment company Eastern Counties Finance.
David Toulson-Burke, managing director of the House Collection said: “A great deal of care is being invested into every aspect of the design of Poet’s House. With the emphasis on style, comfort and attention to detail, we will offer our guests a very different experience to mainstream hotels.
You may also want to watch:
“We are confident that the arrival of Poet’s House – along with future House Collection hotels – will be very warmly welcomed by the local community and visitors to the region alike.”
On Friday, European MEP for the East of England Geoffrey Van Orden, was given a tour of the site by managers and fellow councillors and gave the project his seal of approval.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
Enquiries for 2013 are now being taken for Poet’s House in Ely visit: www.thehousecollection.com.