New president for Ely Hereward Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
Christine Gascoigne took over as the new president of the Ely Hereward Rotary Club at an informal buffet at her home in Ely.
Among the guests at the buffet were the Mayor of Ely Mike Rouse, Cathy Wright from Ely Foodbank, Roger Hill from Cambridgeshire Hearing Help and Susan Wiggans from Branching Out.
Other local charities and good causes supported by the rotary club in the past year include The Ely Eel Appeal, The Ely Museum Project, Friends of Jubilee Gardens, The Babylon Gallery, Ely Young Persons Project, and the Ely Town Crier Competition.
The Hereward Club meets on Wednesday evenings at St Peter's House in Broad Street.
Frank Connolly, who is a member of the Ely Hereward Rotary Club, said: "We are a different kind of rotary club, supporting our local community.
You may also want to watch:
"We are an inclusive club and welcome women and men of all ages and backgrounds who are interested in our activities."
For more information go to www.rotaryclubely-hereward.org
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'