Donuts and party games as New Connexions members celebrate 10 years as a church in Ely
- Credit: Archant
New Connexions celebrated their tenth year anniversary as a church in Ely with a party.
Celebrations began with refreshments and donuts before the service. The church family and many visitors enjoyed chatting and time together.
Guests included the Mayor of Ely, Councilor Mike Rouse, who gave a welcome to everyone there.
The service was taken by Keith Waters, church pastor, who preached on the scripture John chapter 10 verse 9 and 10.
After the service all were invited to share in a South African BBQ which was organised by Danie.
You may also want to watch:
The party began with everyone enjoying smoky sausages and burgers.
Amidst the munching there was time to chat, catch up on news and meet new visitors.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre
The children enjoyed transforming into various creatures as Heidi did painted their faces – lions and tigers roamed the grounds of Larkfields (the church location).
The older children and young people challenged the older members to a football match, winning easily, whilst the younger ones played giant games such as fishing ducks and snakes and ladders.
The celebrations came to a close as members cut the cake and toasted to many more years together as a church family.
Members meet each Sunday at 10.30 am at Larkfields on High Barnes. As well as the main church service there are also Sunday morning clubs running for young people and children to learn about the bible and God’s love. There are also weekly house groups and prayer groups to enjoy.
Visit www.newconnexionschurch.org.uk or email email@example.com