New advice booklet
A NEW booklet giving advice on finding a home, understanding the law and visiting the doctor, has been published for migrant workers in East Cambridgeshire. Living and Working in Fenland and East Cambridgeshire has been published by a group of organisatio
A NEW booklet giving advice on finding a home, understanding the law and visiting the doctor, has been published for migrant workers in East Cambridgeshire.
Living and Working in Fenland and East Cambridgeshire has been published by a group of organisations, including the district council, to ease the predicament of foreign workers in the area and contains contact advice, contact details and information about useful websites.
District council deputy chief executive Cecilia Tredget said: "A number of employers in our district employ migrant workers and have first-hand experience and knowledge of how valuable they are to the success of their businesses.
"Migrant workers fulfil a vital role in the economy of the district - doing jobs which range from low-skilled agricultural to high-skilled healthcare roles."
You may also want to watch:
She said legitimate migrants should have the best support possible.
INFO: The booklet is available in English, Bulgarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian and Russian. It is available to download at www.eastcambs.gov.uk or it can be picked up in council offices, local libraries. If you are interested, contact Annette Fontaine on 01353 616352.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident