Nellie’s Community Café in Sutton gives cash boost to charities
- Credit: Archant
A community café in Sutton donated more than £1,400 to two charities at their presentation day.
Nellie’s Community Café regularly raises money for various charities and this month it was Sutton Paintbox Pre-School and Diabetes UK who received a cash boost.
The next charities to receive Nellie’s support are Cruse Bereavement Care and 1st Sutton Scout Group.
Nellie’s Community Café is run by volunteers and opens its doors twice a month, offering a place for people to relax and enjoy a bite to eat in the village.
Nellie’s is held on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court, Pound Lane, Sutton, from 10am to 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Every six months profits from these sessions are presented to two chosen charities. The proportion of the profits given to each charity is decided by customers voting for them each time they attend.
The community café first opened its doors in March 2011.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car