Nellie’s community café in Sutton donates more than £1,600 to two local charities
- Credit: Archant
A community café in Sutton donated more than £1,600 to two worthy causes at their presentation day on Wednesday 14th November.
Every six months the volunteers at Nellie’s Community Cafe choose two charities to support.
Since May the cafe has been supporting 1st Sutton Scout Group and Cruse Bereavement Care.
Members of 1st Sutton Scout Group received a cheque for £1,014 and £676 was presented to Maureen Peacock and Marjorie Brammer for Cruse Bereavement Care.
Jane Green, Sutton scout executive chairwoman, said: “We would like to thank Nellie’s customers for this generous donation. This will make a significant contribution to our new scout hut project.”
You may also want to watch:
The next two charities to receive Nellie’s support are Elysian Riding for the Disabled Association and Sutton Butterfly Pre-School.
Nellie’s Community Cafe is held on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court, Pound Lane, Sutton from 10am to 2pm.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
For more information about the cafe or to volunteer, call 01353 777224.