Nellie’s Community Café in Sutton gives cash boost to Arthur Rank Hospice Charity and Sutton Squiggles under 5’s Playgroup
- Credit: Archant
A community café in Sutton donated more than £1,500 to two charities at their presentation day.
Nellie's Community Café raise money for various charities every six months and since may volunteers have been supporting Arthur Rank Hospice Charity (ARCH) and Sutton Squiggles under 5's Playgroup.
Bec Beattie, community fundraiser for ARHC when presented with a cheque for £1,013, said: "The funds will help us to provide vital care to people in Cambridgeshire who are living with a life-limiting illness, so they can make every moment count".
Members of Sutton Squiggles received a cheque for £585 and committee member Jody Wheatley said: "We are overwelmed by the community's generosity and would like to thank everybody involved for choosing to support Sutton Squiggles.
"The kind donation will be used to replenish broken and worn out toys, provide refreshments for parents and put on a Christmas party for our little squiggles".
The next two charities to receive Nellie's support are Parkinson's UK and Poplar Farm Rescue Kennels (Sutton Gault).
Nellie's Community Café is held on the second Wednesday and last Friday of each month at Scott Court, Pound Lane, Sutton from 10am to 2pm.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 5 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
For more information about the cafe or to become a volunteer call 01353 777224.