Campaign boost as donations for #Nellie4Soham go over £1,000 mark - but support is still needed
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 has been raised towards the #Nellie4Soham campaign in a bid to get a tuk tuk to the town to transport residents.
The stylish mode of urban transport, nicknamed Nellie, is hoping to be the driving force in bringing the community closer together, with residents able to get to coffee mornings and theatre shows in a unique way.
Since a fundraising mission to was launched just less than a month ago, campaigners have already raised £1,277 of their £4,000 target.
The money would enable residents to buy Nellie to be at the heart of community projects.
In an update posted on the Neighbourhood Cares Soham Facebook page, it said: “We are so happy to announce that so far we have raised a grand total of £1,277.73 towards our #Nellie4Soham campaign!
You may also want to watch:
“We still have £2,722.27 to go to reach our £4,000 target so please donate anything you can by clicking on the link below or by popping into the library where we are based.”
To donate visit https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/nellie4soham
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools