Needles at the ready! Elyisan Quilters stitch 22 colourful creations to donate to EACH
- Credit: Archant
A group of quilters stitched over 20 wonderful technicolour quilts this month – all in the name of the charity.
The Elysian Quilters held a special sewing day in aid of East Anglia Children’s Hospices (EACH) and the talented sewers managed to create 22 individual quilts which are to be donated to sick children and babies.
A spokesman said: “Special thanks go to Melanie Missin Keating and the late Julie Parr for donating most of the fabric.
“The group hope that the quilts will give comfort and pleasure to all who receive them.”
The group describes itself as “ladies who have a passion for fabric” and says its mission is to “sew and socialise”. It meets at the City of Ely Bowls Club on Nutholt Lane.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the group, search ‘Elysian Quilters’ on Facebook or call 07563 694164.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 5 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’