Neale Wade students gain insight into world of work at employability day
- Credit: Archant
Year 10 students at Neale Wade Academy gained an insight into the world of work and the skills they would need during an employability day.
Local employer Smurfit Kappa put on a mock assessment centring on creativity, planning, leadership and communication.
Sam Mandley, director of curriculum and careers at the college, who organised the event, said: “We know that talking to employers is just one way to help prepare students for the world of work and ensure they are aware of the options available to them.
“Employer engagement and developing employability skills raises aspirations and prepares students for the next steps in their career or education.”
The workshop showed students the importance of a CV and how to prepare for an interview.
You may also want to watch:
Companies including A14 Project, ROI Distribution, Cambridge County Council, Perkins, S-G Controls and ALS helped out on the day.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021