National recognition for Littleport’s leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Littleport Leisure Centre was crowned Community Club of the Year at a national awards ceremony.
The Club Mirror Awards recognise the contribution of the thousands of sports and social clubs around the UK and have been running for more than 20 years.
For this year’s awards more than 10,000 entries were received, with the judges whittling them down to a long list of 1,000.
A series of interviews and ‘mystery shopper’ visits were then carried out and Littleport Leisure Centre, in Camel Road, made it through to the shortlist in five categories including Charity Club of the Year, Community Club of the Year, Sports and Fitness Club of the Year, Bar Manager of the Year and Club Secretary of the Year.
Centre manager Andy Rutterford was invited along to the awards evening – held in Manchester – and was on hand to collect the trophy when the club was declared winner.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rutterford said: “Winning a national award like this proves that the staff and committee here at the leisure centre are dedicated to providing you with the best community centre you could ask for.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Church to hold churchyards training day