Robotics are coming to Ely Library
- Credit: Archant
Robotics are coming to Ely Library as part of activities across the county to showcase the creative and diverse things to do at libraries.
Councillor Mathew Shuter, chair of the highways and community infrastructure committee, said: “This week offers an excellent opportunity for libraries to show regular visitors new things and to encourage people who have never been to their local library to explore and find out how much it offers.
“To celebrate the first National Libraries Week we have a jam packed programme of events for the whole community to enjoy, starting this week and continuing well into the autumn.
“It is great to see everyone come together and celebrate our libraries and all the amazing work they do.”
Activities include DNA bracelets in Wisbech Library and the robotics and coding in Ely.
You may also want to watch:
Other Cambridgeshire libraries will join the fun with events including storytime and rhyme time sessions, book clubs, treasure hunts, e-services drop in sessions, author talks and many more.
National Libraries Week leads into an Arts Alive programme which kicks off on Thursday 12 and will feature performances in 10 participating libraries.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Events range from theatre and live music, comedy and magic shows, to children’s classic storybook performances and arts workshops.