National Asda Velodrome series success for Wilburton cycle manufacturer Quella to cap great year
- Credit: Archant
A Wilburton cycle manufacturer made a clean sweep of the awards at a prestigious national race series.
Quella, of Stretham Road, won all three of the available trophies: most wins, most catches and the overall title at the second national Asda Street Velodrome race series.
Pro-bike rider Dave Johnson led Team Quella to victory in the Super Final in London’s Broadgate staged in a pop-up mini velodrome that hosts both pro and amateur head-to-head pursuit racing.
The competition was fierce as Team Quella’s Anna Glowinski was pipped to the post by Team Cycleguard’s Jess Stone, who won best female with four golds to Anna’s three, whilst Dave had to fend off Team ProCook’s BMX Champion ‘Super’ Mario Presi, as well as Team Velotec’s Olympian and double Commonwealth gold medallist Craig Maclean, amongst others.
This victory caps a great year for Quella bicycle which, on top of being Street Velodrome bike sponsor and eventual series champions, has also seen success off the track.
You may also want to watch:
The company’s range of vintage-inspired single-speed bikes has enjoyed record sales and is set to be extended by a vintage inspired road bike in conjunction with fashion brand Ted Baker.
Quella founder Jordan Emery said: “Our pro riders, Anna and Dave, have been supported by some great amateur riders over the season and we are just delighted to have won the series.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
“With the help of the fantastic Halford’s mechanics, all the bikes have held up well to the rigours of the racing.
“The exposure for the Quella brand has been fantastic for us and all of our distributors.
“I also want to personally thank Carl Thompson and all the Street Velodrome team who have put together a brilliant 2015.”