National Asda Velodrome series success for Wilburton cycle manufacturer Quella to cap great year
- Credit: Archant
A Wilburton cycle manufacturer made a clean sweep of the awards at a prestigious national race series.
Quella, of Stretham Road, won all three of the available trophies: most wins, most catches and the overall title at the second national Asda Street Velodrome race series.
Pro-bike rider Dave Johnson led Team Quella to victory in the Super Final in London’s Broadgate staged in a pop-up mini velodrome that hosts both pro and amateur head-to-head pursuit racing.
The competition was fierce as Team Quella’s Anna Glowinski was pipped to the post by Team Cycleguard’s Jess Stone, who won best female with four golds to Anna’s three, whilst Dave had to fend off Team ProCook’s BMX Champion ‘Super’ Mario Presi, as well as Team Velotec’s Olympian and double Commonwealth gold medallist Craig Maclean, amongst others.
This victory caps a great year for Quella bicycle which, on top of being Street Velodrome bike sponsor and eventual series champions, has also seen success off the track.
The company’s range of vintage-inspired single-speed bikes has enjoyed record sales and is set to be extended by a vintage inspired road bike in conjunction with fashion brand Ted Baker.
Quella founder Jordan Emery said: “Our pro riders, Anna and Dave, have been supported by some great amateur riders over the season and we are just delighted to have won the series.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 4 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
“With the help of the fantastic Halford’s mechanics, all the bikes have held up well to the rigours of the racing.
“The exposure for the Quella brand has been fantastic for us and all of our distributors.
“I also want to personally thank Carl Thompson and all the Street Velodrome team who have put together a brilliant 2015.”