Football coach scores top award
- Credit: Football Fun Factory on Facebook
A children’s football coach has been handed a top award for his efforts in making the sport more accessible in his community.
Nathan Mitchell, organises weekly coaching sessions for more than 230 youngsters in Ely, Littleport and Cottenham with the Football Fun Factory franchise.
He also organises Football Fun Camps during the half term holidays and volunteers for the Littleport Rangers.
As Head Coach for East Cambridgeshire, he was selected from 60 other coaches around the country to be awarded the franchise's top 'Blue Card Award' for his efforts over the last year.
Nathan said: "It has been an absolute pleasure bringing the football fun factory to my local communities and to be named franchisee of the year means a lot to me.
"Working full time in football and in the local community has been life changing and every day it's a pleasure to see boys and girls of all abilities fall in love with football in a safe and fun environment."
Football Fun Factory was set up to offer boys and girls of all ages and abilities the chance to enjoy playing the game and have fun.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after falling in city centre
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill woman
- 3 Woman on trial over death of Louis Thorold ‘had undiagnosed Alzheimer’s’
- 4 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 5 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 6 Ely 'buzzing' with happiness as Pride returns for 2022
- 7 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 8 Make-up artist shares why ‘people shouldn’t give up on their dreams’
- 9 Households urged to ‘be vigilant’ after many targeted by rogue traders
It does this through coaching sessions, football camps and birthday parties.
The website says: “Our ethos is all about creating an incredible environment where children can express themselves, play, make friends and have fun!”
James Cutting, the founder of Football Fun Factory, said: "We decided to name our franchisee of the year accolade the ‘Blue Card Award’ to showcase a franchisee that shows a brilliant attitude towards their role as Head Coach.
"Nathan optimises the ethos of the Football Fun Factory. He is a pillar of the local community and is fully deserving of being named franchisee of the year for 2022."
To find out more, visit the Football Fun Factory website.