Nan-tastic! Staff use their own tips to help others
- Credit: RIAN SWIFT
An Ely restaurant team donated £5 each to buy products for the local foodbank and took £200 out of their tips to buy didactic toys for a children's day centre.
Rian Swift, who is the representative for the Ely branch of Nando's, said: "This year Nando’s Ely wanted to spread some peri love back into the community.
"So each staff member - known as ‘nandocas’ - donated £5 into a pot to buy essential products to donate to the Ely Foodbank.
"With the year everyone has had and more struggling than others, we felt like it was necessary to give back to our local community.
"We have also all decided to take £200 out of our tips to buy didactic toys in the new year to donate to the local day centre."
You may also want to watch:
The items were donated to the foodbank in a socially distanced manner.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Popular Ely pub may never re-open
- 10 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000