N shw’ taxi drivers are suspended ver training
THREE taxi drivers wh failed t turn up fr training have had their licences taken away by cuncil fficers. The drivers were suppsed t attend cmpulsry disability discriminatin training. But despite numerus invitatins and letters thrughut the ye
THREE taxi drivers wh failed t turn up fr training have had their licences taken away by cuncil fficers.
The drivers were suppsed t attend cmpulsry disability discriminatin training.
But despite numerus invitatins and letters thrughut the year they failed t take part.
"Failing t attend mandatry training and failure t cmply with cnditins f a Licence is a serius matter," said Liz Bailey, principal envirnmental health fficer at East Cambridgeshire District Cuncil.
"As the rganisatin which licenses taxis thrughut the district, we have t take int cnsideratin the safety f all ur passengers whether they be able-bdied r disabled.
"We want t send a clear message t the small minrity f taxi drivers wh ignre ur requests t attend training that we will suspend r revke yur licences if yu dn't cmply with ur requirements."
- 1 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 2 Post office and village shop moves into old Baptist chapel
- 3 Baby murder trial jury told dad was angry at social services involvement
- 4 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 5 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 6 Aspiring photographer, 10, captures Ely's winter sunrise on camera
- 7 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 8 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 9 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 10 Sewage upgrade to continue in village with two-way traffic lights
The training teaches drivers hw t deal with varius types f disabilities frm the visually impaired t thse with walking difficulties.
The curse als includes a discussin sessin fllwed by a multiple-chice test.
As the training frms part f the requirement t hld a licence t drive a private hire vehicle r Hackney carriage, cuncil fficers tk the firm decisin t take the 'n shw' cases t the cuncil's licensing cmmittee, which led t the suspensin f their licences.